PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince delayed till summer 09'

jakncoke
08-15-2008, 09:59 AM
BURBANK, Calif. - Warner Bros. Pictures on Thursday announced that it has moved back the release date of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" to summer 2009.
The sixth installment of the blockbuster Harry Potter franchise will now open July 17. It was originally scheduled to open Nov. 21.
"Like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers' strike. We agreed the best strategy was to move 'Half-Blood Prince' to July," said Alan Horn, president and chief operating officer.
"The release date change does not alter the production schedule for this or future Harry Potter films. The studio's release plans for the two-part 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' will not be affected by this change," said Jeff Robinov, president of Warner Bros. Motion Picture Group.

'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' release delayed till summer 2009 (http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/breakingnews/93759.php)

sure someone cares.

Samus-Fan
08-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Not me, really.

Kind sad they moved it back though. Harry Potter always comes out before Chrismas, so then you can get the DVD by summer.

jakncoke
08-15-2008, 10:24 AM
WB probably needed a big movie for the summer so they figured HP would be good.

Samus-Fan
08-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Yea, thats true.

But they ruined the tradition D:

jakncoke
08-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Yea, thats true.

But they ruined the tradition D:

just looked at there wiki page is seems they have like nothing for the summer which supports my theory, just a side info as I was looking they're making Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows into 2 parts.

Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Warner_Bros._films#2009_and_beyond)

Samus-Fan
08-15-2008, 10:34 AM
What...?
They are making the last chapter of Hogwarts 2 parts?
They aren't making consumers very happy with that move.

Trunks
08-15-2008, 11:27 AM
all well? I still didn't watch the third one.

LiNuX
08-15-2008, 12:12 PM
lol, by then my sis will be old enough to go to the movies by herself with her friends :D well she's old enough now but my parents still dont trust the world and sends me along whenever she wants to watch a movie with friends.

meh...harry potter - not a series that pulls me in, interesting and good effects (both special and graphic) but other than that, it has nothing on me

EpsilonX
08-15-2008, 12:40 PM
I don't really care either, I gave up on Harry Potter with Goblet of Fire. (books and movies both)

conman1000
08-15-2008, 01:09 PM
It's true, they did ruin the tradition. :(.

rukisuto
08-15-2008, 02:58 PM
I care :]
That stinks they're breaking tradition.
It doesn't affect me that much, I'll just go see it next summer.

KittyCat72
08-15-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan... the books are too big and I didn't see the 2 newest movies until recently. I think Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite so far.

Scott
08-18-2008, 08:26 AM
I don't care, I've only seen the first 2 and only read the first 2 books.

MissLEGENDARY
08-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Well I care. I have heard about this though. I mean it kinda sucks but all they care about it making money...and since they think that waiting til summer to release it will bring in more cash then that's what they are going to do. I really love the whole Harry Potter thing. Haven't played the game yet though. I need to do that.