PDA

View Full Version : EA allows T2 bid to expire

jakncoke
08-18-2008, 09:25 AM
EA allows Take Two bid to expire

Neil Long Today, 1:30pm

Be first to comment

But the two publishers will meet to discuss way forward as limited due diligence period begins

EA will allow its latest offer for Take Two to expire tonight after Electronic Arts accepted Take Two’s offer of a management presentation to its suitor containing non-public information.

An exchange of letters between EA CEO John Riccitiello and executive chairman of the board of directors of Take Two Strauss Zelnick has led to the agreement after EA concluded that any proposed acquistion could not be completed before the holiday season.

“We no longer believe we can integrate Take-Two ahead of the important holiday season,” says the letter to Zelnick from Riccitiello. “Accordingly, we require due diligence to support a transaction and are therefore letting the tender offer expire tonight. However, we are pleased to accept your offer to review your management presentation as outlined in your letter.”

Zelnick responded: “Thank you for your recent expression of interest for Electronic Arts to participate in Take-Two’s formal process to evaluate the Company's strategic alternatives.”

“As you know, we have been willing to have EA participate in this process following the successful launch of GTA IV, and we are happy to include EA now. As I mentioned when we spoke on Friday, our process begins with an in-depth management presentation.

“The Company has made significant strides since EA first expressed interest in the Company and this presentation includes material non-public information to which you would not otherwise have access, including information relating to our three year product release schedule and management's financial projections.”

“The presentation also includes information about the underlying factors that have driven our strong operational and financial performance. I believe our presentation will enable you to understand better the value of our Company to EA.”

Hopefully Take Two holds strong and doesn't accept but really I think it's time for them to start thinking about it, GTA is really their only cash cow and they're constantly bleeding money when GTA isn't in the selling, releasing GTA to get a ton of money then bleeding it till the next GTA is a terrible business structure

Scott
08-18-2008, 10:00 AM
lol Aren't EA big enough already?. I dunno much about Take Two what games have they made?

jakncoke
08-18-2008, 10:16 AM
lol Aren't EA big enough already?. I dunno much about Take Two what games have they made?

Yup, and I really think EA is trying come up with a IP pool that will let them be a major factor in a console race, if they had GTA as exclusive+ they're already growing IP I think they'd be unstoppable, as for Take 2 they're games include GTA's, Midnight Club, NBA 2K series, Bioshock franchise, NHL 2k series and several others that I can't be bothered to list.

jakncoke
08-19-2008, 11:00 AM
gasp....

TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE, INC. CONFIRMS THAT ELECTRONIC ARTS WILL JOIN TAKE-TWO'S FORMAL PROCESS REVIEWING STRATEGIC ALTERNATIVES AND THAT EA'S TENDER OFFER WILL EXPIRE

New York, NY— August 18, 2008 — Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO) today confirmed that it expects to sign a confidentiality agreement with Electronic Arts allowing EA to enter into Take-Two's formal process to evaluate strategic alternatives. Take-Two also affirmed that it is continuing its discussions as part of this process to maximize value for stockholders.

Take-Two also noted that EA will allow its unsolicited conditional tender offer to acquire all of Take-Two's outstanding shares to expire at 11:59 p.m., New York City time, today.

Strauss Zelnick, Chairman of Take-Two, commented, "We welcome EA into our formal process and look forward to demonstrating to their Board the significant strides made by Take-Two since they last undertook a detailed review of our business in early 2007. Our Board remains unwavering in its belief that EA's unsolicited conditional tender offer of $25.74 per share was inadequate and undervalued Take-Two's world-class entertainment franchises and our strong operational and financial performance."

Ben Feder, Chief Executive Officer, added, "We are continuing to consider all alternatives that will maximize value to our stockholders. As part of that commitment, we are engaged in discussions with other parties as part of a formal process to generate greater value and will act quickly to assist EA in moving expeditiously through our process. In the meantime, we remain focused on executing on our business goals and creating value for stockholders and consumers of our products."

sorry for the dp but you guys aren't posting enough in this topic.

Scott
08-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Well EA have just gotten bigger. I really hope they don't mess up the Bioshock series.

jakncoke
08-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Well EA have just gotten bigger. I really hope they don't mess up the Bioshock series.

I'm sure EA will just let them do what they do and create a good sequel and 3rd game and just happily float around in the money that Bioshock2/3 will make.