PDA

View Full Version : meh.

jakncoke
08-19-2008, 11:49 AM
College presidents seek drinking age debate - Life - MSNBC.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26271328/)

Even if they succeed I'll probably be over 21 by the time it finally get's finished so this really doesn't effect me, just 393 days left till legal drinking.

Samus-Fan
08-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Eh, I won't care even if they do.

I don't see the point in drinking some stuff that tastes like crap, then puking, and then passing out. I don't see the point.

All I need is some Voltage or Vault!

LiNuX
08-19-2008, 12:00 PM
College presidents seek drinking age debate - Life - MSNBC.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26271328/)

Even if they succeed I'll probably be over 21 by the time it finally get's finished so this really doesn't effect me, just 393 days left till legal drinking.

lol, trying to move it back to 18 eh...more drunk driving and more accidents - it will take a while before the 18-20 yr olds get used to it and not see it as something to take advantage of IF this ever happens - we had a long discussion on this in one of my classes last term lol, lasted like 3 days lol

the US has the highest legal drinking age in the world - thats why youngsters these days that want to be rebels go out drinking illegally

jakncoke
08-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Eh, I won't care even if they do.

I don't see the point in drinking some stuff that tastes like crap, then puking, and then passing out. I don't see the point.

All I need is some Voltage or Vault!

your not drinking the right stuff then, and really there's no need to drink till you puke/pass out.

Scott
08-19-2008, 12:12 PM
I can understand their arguments. I mean, they can't offer any kind of services to deal with drinking if the kids "aren't supposed to drink." If it's legal, then at least they can be actually prepared to handle all this drinking that isn't supposed to be going on.

jakncoke
08-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey Scot,

What's the legal drinking age in Scotland?

Scott
08-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey Scot,

What's the legal drinking age in Scotland?

Well I think it's 18 and that's Britain. England and that aren't any different.

rukisuto
08-19-2008, 01:54 PM
It's stupid to try and lower the drinking age.
A lot of the younger people are irresponsible when it comes to drinking and driving, that's why it's 21 in the first place.

One of my dad's friends made a point and said he'd rather have the driving age higher than the drinking age to make sure they can handle their drinks before they drive, lol.
I thought it was clever.