PDA

View Full Version : Chick-Fil-a

MissLEGENDARY
09-06-2008, 01:37 PM
used to be one of my favorite places to eat.
But after talking to my brother's girlfriend...I don't think I'll be going back there again. Apparently it is their policy to fire girls who get pregnant out of wedlock and not to hire people who have tattoos. they also make their newly hired employees sign a contract stating that they will not have premarital sex, smoke, drink, or do drugs while they are employed there...if they refuse to sign it...they don't get hired. I think it's a little messed up. I can understand they they want their employees to live up to their beliefs but I think firing a girl because she got pregnant and wasn't married was crossing the line.

LiNuX
09-06-2008, 02:10 PM
im sure they can sue, thats discrimination, definitely can sue, just retarded, even if its under contract, they can't discriminate who can keep their job based on their private actions or how they hire people by telling them to refrain from those things outside of work

i understand if its WHILE YOU ARE WORKING, but that should be the line here

jakncoke
09-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Chick Fil A has too high of standards, I mean seriously it's a fast food joint that pays minimum wage or just above that, ppl that normally work these level of jobs do all the following things they are trying to ban and that's society and nothing is going to change that

Djdoubt03
09-06-2008, 10:20 PM
used to be one of my favorite places to eat.
But after talking to my brother's girlfriend...I don't think I'll be going back there again. Apparently it is their policy to fire girls who get pregnant out of wedlock and not to hire people who have tattoos. they also make their newly hired employees sign a contract stating that they will not have premarital sex, smoke, drink, or do drugs while they are employed there...if they refuse to sign it...they don't get hired. I think it's a little messed up. I can understand they they want their employees to live up to their beliefs but I think firing a girl because she got pregnant and wasn't married was crossing the line.

Total BS the EOE or Federal Equal Opportunity Act would shut chick-fil-a down so fast and issue heavy fines that they would go bankrupt. Pregnant women are protected by the EOE. in fact if you own a bis and mess with pregnant people you are really going to be f'ed the feds would be all over you butt.

Here is a breif of the law:

Employers may not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, citizenship or any legally protected category in connection with any phase of the employment process, including, but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, termination, compensation, training and benefits.

rukisuto
09-07-2008, 09:14 AM
The only thing they can terminate an employee on is the use of drugs, seeing as that's illegal.
That's complete BS.

MissLEGENDARY
09-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Chick Fil A has too high of standards, I mean seriously it's a fast food joint that pays minimum wage or just above that, ppl that normally work these level of jobs do all the following things they are trying to ban and that's society and nothing is going to change that

I completely agree. It's funny I saw a kid sitting outside in his uniform smoking. I wonder if he got fired for that.