PDA

View Full Version : How to beat the Super Mario Sluggers boycott?

Pau1
09-07-2008, 11:23 AM
I just got a copy of Super Mario Sluggers to give to my nephew for his birthday, but mom and dad say they won't allow the game into their house, and showed me an article which I can't link to because I'm a n00b. But google "super mario sluggers: homosexual recruiters hit again!" and you'll see it.

I don't think the logic of their argument holds up. Any ideas on how to talk some sense into them?

-Paul

Riku-Nara
09-07-2008, 11:44 AM
oh god.
everyone, please do google that, and click on the first link.
swear to god, that was the biggest load i'd ever read.
----------
Well, basically, if your parents believe this, they believe that baseball is for homosexuals, the tools used for baseball are supposed to interpret parts of the male body, and the wii is a sex toy. Just say that. please, just say that. and if they see that there's nothing wrong with that sentence, please call a psychiatrist.

Jaykub
09-07-2008, 11:58 AM
oh god.
everyone, please do google that, and click on the first link.
swear to god, that was the biggest load i'd ever read.
----------
Well, basically, if your parents believe this, they believe that baseball is for homosexuals, the tools used for baseball are supposed to interpret parts of the male body, and the wii is a sex toy. Just say that. please, just say that. and if they see that there's nothing wrong with that sentence, please call a psychiatrist.

I go to church every week but baseball for gays lol to far

Samus-Fan
09-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Wow, I think everything he said is just the little details that only someone who is trying to sabotage a game would notice.
I think that article is a load of BS, all of it. I mean, sorry, but that is how you hold things, and Luigi is just clumsy, trying to catch the bat and baseballs.

conman1000
09-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Biggest load of BS ever.

Pau1
09-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the support. I still have change their view, however. I know to us it seems like nonsense, but these deeply-held beliefs are hard to change. I guess I'll just have to give up.

MacQuarie
09-19-2008, 08:26 PM
The first result for me was some christian forum which is blatantly racist against the Japanese and seems to be looking for reasons to hate them, call them sinners and try to boycott their products.

EDIT: A little bit of searching shows the site is just a joke. Satire to the extreme everyone that posts on the forum is supposed to be a racist, sexist, bigot. Wikipedia Article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landover_Baptist_Church)

Blackbird
09-20-2008, 07:51 AM
What kind of game is that? I'm too lazy to search xD

MacQuarie
09-20-2008, 03:48 PM
It's just a simple baseball game.

Blackbird
09-21-2008, 04:23 PM
So this game on Nintendo Wii :)