PDA

View Full Version : Activision patents Dance Hero

jakncoke
09-26-2008, 07:49 PM
We'll bet you never saw this one coming. A recent filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office shows that Activision has filed a mark for Dance Hero, claiming services such as "interactive video game programs" and "video game controllers." The filing comes soon after first details on DJ Hero were posted on Kotaku, a trademark Activision filed for in February.

While we imagine that Activision's theoretical take on the dancing game genre, if that's what the trademark is intended for, will require the rhythmic stepping on of various buttons and/or arrows. If we were in charge, Dance Hero would involve serious amounts of "serving" and a group of gold-hearted, brightly outfitted underdog street toughs who band together for a dance off to save their struggling community and maybe learn a lesson or two about diversity along the way.

Only Activision: Activision Trademarks 'Dance Hero' (http://kotaku.com/5055492/activision...rks-dance-hero)

:laugh:

LiNuX
09-26-2008, 10:15 PM
lol...why?? guitar hero and rock band and dance dance revolution are enough of the interactive music genre games lol, i think they are just overdoing it now with the games.

i know sometimes making the games interactive fun, but come on, these guys are getting greedy now

and this:

Dance Hero would involve serious amounts of "serving" and a group of gold-hearted, brightly outfitted underdog street toughs who band together for a dance off to save their struggling community and maybe learn a lesson or two about diversity along the way.

lol?

jakncoke
09-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Those 3 you listed Linux are pretty much just the tip of the iceberg as well, such a crowed genre.

LemonRising
09-27-2008, 03:05 AM
It's really getting old. They're just milking it now.
I don't have ANY interactive music games. Hey, they're fun once in awhile with friends, but .. it doesn't need to be played EVERYWHERE.
Then you get the HARCORE interactive music game players, who are all "OH I JUST BEAT EXPERT ON EXTREME ON THE HARDEST SONG I AM HARDCORE BUTTON SMASH." I'm sure it takes mad talent, since I totally fail at guitar hero and the likes (not total fail, but close >: ) But is it REALLY that impressive? And how can anyone stand to play it so much? I find it gets really repetitive and blah after awhile, and then the party dies.
Everyone just sits there and is like "...you wanna try?" "No thanks, I already tried and I failed." "Oh, well I'm bored and I want to win, so play again." "No" "Fine" *everyone sits silently and watches* *total buzzkill*

^ true story.

RetroRead
10-05-2008, 01:37 PM
It's really getting old. They're just milking it now.
Hey, they're fun once in awhile with friends

Very true! :twitcy:

EpsilonX
10-15-2008, 12:08 AM
i think rock revolution, by konami, will hold the record low for game sales.

milkbelly
10-26-2008, 02:50 PM
when will digeridoo hero come out. lol.

Joshuah
10-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Dance Hero?!? ¬¬ Thats just stupid... I for one am not buying this (:

LiNuX
10-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Dance Hero?!? ¬¬ Thats just stupid... I for one am not buying this (:

i doubt i'm buying it either lol - and like i said before, they are over-doing it now with these types of games - they need something a bit different than dancing and guitars...

Joshuah
10-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah, it'd be good for like a FPS but with a wireless gun, like a wii type, but designed for PS3 and xbox 360, 'Gun Hero' lol

jakncoke
10-29-2008, 04:55 PM
i think rock revolution, by konami, will hold the record low for game sales.

by which standards? ww? certain region? we'll never know though, but loads of games that are Japan only manage a few thousand and disappear and never get localized in other regions