PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space

Razor07
10-07-2008, 11:01 PM
hi i 'm trying to find out how many people are getting Dead Space and what it is that you like about it or what you hate about it;-)

I like the game because these a good story and game play i like gameplay the fact to kill your foe is to rip them apart and not the one or two shots the head that you do in over games

jakncoke
10-07-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm currently on the fence and will make my final decision when I try the demo out, won't be getting the game this year though, unless I somehow manage to get a job then things would change

Sweet142
10-08-2008, 03:52 AM
It looks like a very interesting game, I will probably get it.

EpsilonX
10-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm gonna ask for it for christmas, and if i don't get it, i'll buy it with christmas money.

Gears of Halo
10-10-2008, 07:22 PM
i'm defininitely getting it.
For me, i love getting scared on games. It's weird, i know, but its an adrenaline rush. A buzz, if you like. It also has a very intriguing story and the gameplay suits me!
I love the dismemberments.
October 21st all!

jakncoke
10-10-2008, 09:55 PM
I for one hate reviews but IGN review is getting kinda pumped

9.0 Presentation
A deep story and incredible atmosphere with tons of horror influences make Dead Space one of those titles that is a great starting point for a franchise.

9.0 Graphics
Visually striking, everything from the holograms to the Necromorphs is incredible. Pixilation during depressurization and mild slowdown crimp its style.

9.5 Sound
Voice acting is delivered beautifully, but it's the sound design that will have you jumping out of your seat and sending shivers down your spine.

8.5 Gameplay
A strong mix of action and exploration is only hampered by repetitive, though appropriate, backtracking and odd navigation issues.

8.5 Lasting Appeal
You'll have to play through the game multiple times to improve your gear and understand the full story. However, not being able to change your difficulty after you beat the game is a bad decision.

Great OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Jordan
10-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Where the hell did my DS thread go?

Well anyway, I'll be getting it. Definetly.
Seems pretty challenging from what I've seen though. To me it looks like the only reason you would buy it is to watch Isaac die over and over again.

EpsilonX
10-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Gamespot gave it a 9. It must either be really good, it must suck.

I plan on getting it, i've planned on getting it since i heard about it.

I want it now, but I don't wanna wait....

Scott
10-16-2008, 02:03 PM
I think it'll be on of the 2 games I will be getting on the 24th since the reviews are good and it looks and sounds awesome.

Gordon Frohman
11-08-2008, 07:48 PM
The part that scared me the most in Dead Space was when i found out the camera was stuck like that.

Trunks
11-09-2008, 09:32 PM
My friend bought the game and I tryed it yesterday. It's not to bad, reminds me of bio shock. The controls are pretty weird and take awhile to get use to. It has a decent story line. Pretty fun killing things with the different guns you can use. One of the guns cut creatures in half. So, if you liked bio shock, you will probably like this game.

Avile
11-12-2008, 05:51 PM
It caught my attention via the huge ammounts of trailes, interviews and the comics.
Started looking at the comics, and felt intrigued to continue.
It helped building my expectations for the game, and the more I looked, searched and investigated in it I just knew I had to buy it!

The day I got it was a happy day, with rain and wind outside the window, and pitchblack room and my TV. I think I literally shat bricks that night.
Good game, Great game!