Crazies!

Printable View

• 02-11-2012, 05:33 PM
    EpsilonX
    Crazies!
    So, my band finally recorded an original song. You can listen to it here:

Crazies - Band Profile | Facebook

"like" the page while you're at it.

The guitar is hard to hear, everybody else was a lot louder, so that sucks..but we're gonna do it again soon and it'll sound better that time.
  • 02-11-2012, 06:17 PM
    xLykos
    Sounds like Nirvana to me...
  • 02-11-2012, 07:14 PM
    EpsilonX
    If by that you mean it sounds raw and energetic, then that's the point.

Also, to whoever gave me that rep (which i'm assuming is the poster above me) I said i'd post our songs here when we got them up...
  • 02-11-2012, 10:30 PM
    xLykos
    I can't see who gives rep so I wouldn't know brah
    Also, by "it sounds like Nirvana" I meant it sounds like s***. Is that what its supposed to sound like?
    In ghost I can't hear anything but the snares of your drummer and a thin bassline. Your singer is awful. Horror Punk? Horrible punk is more like it
  • 02-11-2012, 10:43 PM
    EpsilonX
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NerfTrynPlz View Post
    I can't see who gives rep so I wouldn't know brah
    Also, by "it sounds like Nirvana" I meant it sounds like s***. Is that what its supposed to sound like?
    In ghost I can't hear anything but the snares of your drummer and a thin bassline. Your singer is awful. Horror Punk? Horrible punk is more like it

Good for you, asshole. Are you unable to read? It clearly says we're gonna re-record them because we didn't realize how low the guitars really were.

And there are plenty of people into that kind of stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsbvo5GVK10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_EsYmPwYWI

It's not meant for you.

I don't understand your fixation on Nirvana, either. If you don't like something, wouldn't you just not think about them instead of obsessing over how bad you think they are?
  • 02-11-2012, 10:47 PM
    xLykos
    I can obviously read idiot, that's how I can read on the forum moron. And I didn't take a gander around your facebook I just listened to your music.
  • 02-12-2012, 12:03 AM
    xLykos
    This is a forum, I'll say whatever the hell I want. If you don't like it then leave. There are things called music critics out there and if you can't take criticizm on your music then you are going to go no where. Go ahead and neg rep me for stating an opinion you ********** baby, go cry to someone who gives a s***
  • 02-12-2012, 01:08 AM
    LemonRising
    There's criticism and then there's just being rude.
    You're rude.

I'll neg rep you all I want bub.

BACK TO TOPIC.
    Looking forward to more and seeing you guys improve (:
  • 02-12-2012, 01:53 AM
    xLykos
    Go for it "bub"
    BACK TO TOPIC:
    I'm also looking forward to you improving as well, you need it. But I will give you this Epsi, you do sound better than The Doors. Also, I don't care if I come off as rude. Still gonna state my opinions how ever I see fit.
  • 02-12-2012, 09:24 AM
    Muffincat
    There are ways to state opinions in ways that are constructive and not mean. If you insist on "stating your opinions however you see fit," there will be consequences.

Anyway, thanks for posting your music, eps. Not my genre, and you guys need some better recording gear :P But awesome for you that you're in a band and having fun and experimenting.
  • 02-12-2012, 09:40 AM
    LiNuX
    Nice stuffs eps.

Don't know if it's in your area but there are Guitar Centers here in NYC that offer free recording sessions for people/bands. Don't know too much about it, never looked into it since I haven't played a musical instrument in 6 years.
  • 02-12-2012, 10:43 AM
    EpsilonX
    Quote:

This is a forum, I'll say whatever the hell I want. If you don't like it then leave. There are things called music critics out there and if you can't take criticizm on your music then you are going to go no where. Go ahead and neg rep me for stating an opinion you ********** baby, go cry to someone who gives a s***

That's an easy way to get banned...on second thought, keep being rude to everybody. I truly want you to. :)

Anyways, if anybody else checked out the facebook page or the first post of the topic, we basically acknowledged that the recordings aren't too good, but we threw all the amps and drums in a basement and recorded all the songs in like 1 take, so of course it won't sound good. I also think i'm going to sing the chorus so jim won't run out of breath as much during the verses. The drummer is a bit off time. It's not as apparant in those two recordings, but we did a misfits song and it was really really bad so I didn't put it up
  • 02-12-2012, 10:57 AM
    egg-whites333
    wow its my type of music. if you can get everything fixed you may be my new obsession. :) If you get famous give gamers-forum free music downloads because we are epic
  • 02-12-2012, 11:22 AM
    xLykos
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post
    There are ways to state opinions in ways that are constructive and not mean. If you insist on "stating your opinions however you see fit," there will be consequences.

Anyway, thanks for posting your music, eps. Not my genre, and you guys need some better recording gear :P But awesome for you that you're in a band and having fun and experimenting.

Thought this was America, am I in America? I thought this was America. Freedom of speech!
  • 02-12-2012, 11:36 AM
    paecmaker
    Quote:

Thought this was America, am I in America? I thought this was America. Freedom of speech!

But freedom of speech comes with responsibility, and there are still rules.
  • 02-12-2012, 11:45 AM
    EpsilonX
    Quote:

Let me refer you to the forum rules

Quote:

1. We want to make your experience here at Gamers Forum a pleasure so that you will come back. So please do unto others you would have others do unto you. That means be nice, respectful, and peaceful. It’s that simple.
    You go around making rude and unnecessary comments all over the forum.
  • 02-12-2012, 12:00 PM
    Muffincat
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by paecmaker View Post
    But freedom of speech comes with responsibility, and there are still rules.

Paecmaker has said it beautifully. Freedom of speech is allowed up to a point, and that point is when it's interfering with other people's ability to enjoy the forum. We don't allow attacking or name calling. Differing opinions can be discussed and expressed in a rational, calm manner.

We can discuss this further via PM if you wish, but I ask everyone to please continue on topic in this thread.
  • 02-12-2012, 12:09 PM
    xLykos
    He told me I couldn't read. The name calling came from him verbally attacking me. It made my time on this forum unenjoyable. If I'm going to get in trouble for argueing with him, he should get in trouble for argueing with me. It can't just go one way because he's been here longer.
  • 02-12-2012, 12:19 PM
    Muffincat
    All I ask is that things remain civil. I am not going to discuss the punishments of people, because I don't think that's professional. My comments were not only directed at you, and I ask that everyone treat each other with maturity. You were simply trying to argue with it, so I focused on you in the moment.

Also, as I said in my previous post, I would like for all of us to stop derailing the thread.
  • 02-12-2012, 12:20 PM
    xLykos
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffincat View Post
    All I ask is that things remain civil. I am not going to discuss the punishments of people, because I don't think that's professional. My comments were not only directed at you, and I ask that everyone treat each other with maturity. You were simply trying to argue with it, so I focused on you in the moment.

Also, as I said in my previous post, I would like for all of us to stop derailing the thread.

Alright Muffin, I'll do it for you <3
  • 02-12-2012, 12:39 PM
    EpsilonX
    Quote:

He told me I couldn't read. The name calling came from him verbally attacking me. It made my time on this forum unenjoyable. If I'm going to get in trouble for argueing with him, he should get in trouble for argueing with me. It can't just go one way because he's been here longer.

It says on the first post "we're going to re-record it so you can actually hear the guitar" which is an acknowledgement of the fact that it's not a good recording. Calling it ****ty was completely unnecessary. And yea, I got pissed and snapped back at you. At least I realize that I was being stupid.

Anyways, i'm going back to not posting here anymore. cya around guys.
  • 02-12-2012, 04:19 PM
    ROFLBRYCE
    Not my genre, but I'll give you props man. Keep it up, get some funding for some new recording gear, fine tune the sound, you're set. There's always gonna be haters (obviously ^^^^^^^^) but there's gonna be fans too. I liked the Misfits cover a lot, you guys should stick more to that sounds imo rather than going any harsher, but that's just what I think!

Keep up the work, I know I for one will be looking forward to seeing any new stuff you put out in the next couple months.
  • 02-12-2012, 11:10 PM
    EpsilonX
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    Not my genre, but I'll give you props man. Keep it up, get some funding for some new recording gear, fine tune the sound, you're set. There's always gonna be haters (obviously ^^^^^^^^) but there's gonna be fans too. I liked the Misfits cover a lot, you guys should stick more to that sounds imo rather than going any harsher, but that's just what I think!

Keep up the work, I know I for one will be looking forward to seeing any new stuff you put out in the next couple months.

well, the one song ghost was originally intended to sound more like Dig Up Her Bones by the misfits and ended up a lot heavier. Batcave is basically just supposed to be a short burst of pure aggression. The rest of our songs are going to be a lot more melodic, and hopefully better in sound quality. I'm going to try to start singing more.

we're trying to go for a sound like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3in6k74LWs

And I realize that there will be haters haha, punk isn't meant for the mainstream. The only reason I snapped earlier is cuz that dude's been annoying me since he joined.
  • 02-13-2012, 04:47 PM
    Synge
    Quote:

This sums up my opinion pretty well.

The original song is a little too rough as far as the recording goes (as you've said yourself) so I'll reserve judgment on that one.

The Misfits cover is well done though, the rawness of the recording is enough to fit the song without being too rough to tolerate.
  • 02-13-2012, 10:47 PM
    egg-whites333
    just btw with the people sayying you suck an all you will always have hater een if you make 100000000 pennies :P i like your music and im great so thats all that matters
  • 02-14-2012, 12:06 AM
    EpsilonX
    lol some dude posted "your band sucks" right on the page. i just banned him.

and you guys actually like the misfits cover? I thought it was terrible.
  • 02-14-2012, 11:54 AM
    Mizel
    haters gonna hate :P

Thanks for finally posting some of your stuff here :)
  • 03-16-2012, 09:05 PM
    EpsilonX
    So, our first show is tomorrow. I'm pumped. I'll show you guys videos of it if anybody makes any
  • 03-16-2012, 09:40 PM
    Exentenzed
    The only problem i have is that you really do need better equipment for recording, the genre isn't really for me but for the sake of beeing objective, i think it's decent.

I wish you the best of luck tomorrow though, but i don't think you'll need it. Since i doubt your recordings do the crazies justice.
    Ever considered getting a sound technician to help you record by the way?
  • 03-17-2012, 02:07 AM
    egg-whites333
    so how was the show?
  • 03-17-2012, 08:20 PM
    EpsilonX
    The show went awesome haha. We were the first band, and we had a 20 second song, so in order to get a mosh pit going we told people we were gonna keep playing it over and over and over and over until they moshed. The first time like 2 people were moshing, so then we played it again and the singer dropped his mic and jumped in the crowd and there was a decent pit for the size of the place and how many people were there. But it went over well, we played really well, all the other bands loved us.

And yeah, the recordings suck. The ones from the facebook page just turned out bad, we did them really quick but the guitar was too low and we weren't really that tight, and it was just one take... the cover of upside down was done using the singer's ipod, so....We know somebody who does sound recording though and he's gonna do some legit recordings of us
  • 03-17-2012, 09:40 PM
    egg-whites333
    well it good you got a moshpit :P
  • 03-19-2012, 07:53 AM
    Mizel
    Grats on the show Eps! Sounds really fun. Been wayyy too long since I've been to any show :P
  • 03-19-2012, 08:25 AM
    paecmaker
    Sounds awesome eps, Ive been at way to few good shows... :/
  • 03-19-2012, 04:03 PM
    LemonRising
    Congrats eps on a successful show! : D
  • 03-19-2012, 04:15 PM
    Synge
    Awesome and congrats, man.

Will be looking out for those professionally recorded tunes.
  • 03-19-2012, 10:38 PM
    egg-whites333
    we get them free right eps
  • 03-19-2012, 10:41 PM
    LiNuX
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    The show went awesome haha. We were the first band, and we had a 20 second song, so in order to get a mosh pit going we told people we were gonna keep playing it over and over and over and over until they moshed. The first time like 2 people were moshing, so then we played it again and the singer dropped his mic and jumped in the crowd and there was a decent pit for the size of the place and how many people were there. But it went over well, we played really well, all the other bands loved us.

And yeah, the recordings suck. The ones from the facebook page just turned out bad, we did them really quick but the guitar was too low and we weren't really that tight, and it was just one take... the cover of upside down was done using the singer's ipod, so....We know somebody who does sound recording though and he's gonna do some legit recordings of us

Glad to hear your first show went well for you. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

You guys definitely have a lot of potential, hope it takes you uphill.
  • 03-19-2012, 11:11 PM
    norid
    Just let me know when you amke shirts so I can order one.
  • 04-01-2012, 11:34 AM
    EpsilonX
    Holy crap guys...we got a record deal!
  • 04-01-2012, 12:59 PM
    Mizel
    No freakin way!!! That's awesome!
  • 04-01-2012, 01:24 PM
    Synge
    For a second there I was excited for you, but then I remembered something.. So I'll just wait.
  • 04-01-2012, 01:29 PM
    Mizel
    Im lost :O
  • 04-02-2012, 12:44 AM
    EpsilonX
    yep...that was an april fools. Synge is no dummy.

Anyways, we're opening for this band on Friday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTV_p4jKx8Q

here's the poster

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...57549495_n.jpg

I'm stoked. We've written a few more songs and they're all super sweet and i'm excited
  • 04-02-2012, 08:02 AM
    Mizel
    Awwwwww crap. I fall for it every damn time!!
  • 04-02-2012, 08:29 PM
    ROFLBRYCE
    Quote:

And I realize that there will be haters haha, punk isn't meant for the mainstream. The only reason I snapped earlier is cuz that dude's been annoying me since he joined.

But Rise Against, Sum 41, and Blink 182!! What about them!!! /sarcasm

Quote:

You're evil, I believed you. Checked your Facebook band page too was like "What, I didn't see it there!"
    Quote:

yep...that was an april fools. Synge is no dummy.

Anyways, we're opening for this band on Friday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTV_p4jKx8Q

here's the poster

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...57549495_n.jpg

I'm stoked. We've written a few more songs and they're all super sweet and i'm excited

Listened to their songs, like them a lot lol. Hyped for your band, wish I was in the area so I could make it. Get on a Canadian tour, man!
  • 04-02-2012, 10:44 PM
    egg-whites333
    Quote:

!!!!! whu whu WHAT!! congrats.
    Quote:

But Rise Against, Sum 41, and Blink 182!! What about them!!! /sarcasm

You're evil, I believed you. Checked your Facebook band page too was like "What, I didn't see it there!"

Listened to their songs, like them a lot lol. Hyped for your band, wish I was in the area so I could make it. Get on a Canadian tour, man!

i agree stop in Muskoka Ont Canada i dont care were in muskoka just somewhere and blink is a good band just alittle to mainstream punk but still good there funny to
    edit:... im a tool
  • 04-02-2012, 11:14 PM
    ROFLBRYCE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by egg-whites333 View Post
    !!!!! whu whu WHAT!! congrats.

i agree stop in Muskoka Ont Canada i dont care were in muskoka just somewhere and blink is a good band just alittle to mainstream punk but still good there funny to
    edit:... im a tool

Why are you a tool? Cause you like Blink? I do too I was just saying if you ask someone to list a punk band that's one of the first most of the times xD
  • 04-03-2012, 12:25 AM
    Synge
    Not really a fan of Koffin Kats, but it's pretty awesome that you're opening for them, congrats :]
  • 04-03-2012, 06:35 AM
    egg-whites333
    i was meaning because i fell for an april fools joke after it was said :P
  • 04-08-2012, 01:09 AM
    EpsilonX
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...82720365_n.jpg
    There's me, the singer of Koffin Kats (the band we opened for) our drummer and our friend

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...95760276_n.jpg
    And here I am singing Astro Zombies haha
  • 04-08-2012, 01:21 AM
    egg-whites333
    nice good to see your band doing not bad ;)
  • 05-18-2012, 06:48 PM
    EpsilonX

» Site Navigation

» Home
» FAQ

User Name:

Password:

» Recent Threads

Im glad I now signed up
09-06-2024 05:09 AM
Last Post By MarionHard
09-06-2024 05:09 AM