Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Funny event in London.. BATTLETOADS

Hey guys, I haven't posted here in months.. been busy... just wanted to bring something to your attention.. on the 12th of July anonymous are doing a sort of.. event in london.. to do with Battletoads, this game is a rather.. average game from the early 90's. Anyway, the event is basically just to annoy GAME but there'll be loads of gamer types there including me. We've printed off loads of cases of Battletoads for the Nintendo Wii and basically you have to buy them i guess.. lol.. You may have seen this stuff on the internet recently (prank calls.. Battletoads promotional websites) This is going to be big and I think a lot of you would enjoy it! Anyway, there'll be fake copies of battletoads in the store, fun music (probably cake and drinks since anonymous are doing another thing that day that typically has a lot of cake ) Anyway, onto the details!

Event Name: Battletoads Release Day
    Start Date: Saturday 12th July at 2:00 pm
    Duration: 1 hour (ends at 3:00 pm)
    Street: 100 Oxford Street, Marylebone
    City/Town: London, W1D 1LL

Description:

We have waited LONG ENOUGH for Battletoads! We all pre-ordered well in advance only to find that Battletoads was NOT released on May 10th as it should have been.

We have heard that on July 12th between 2:00 and 2:30 GAME on Oxford Street will be stocking Battletoads and we will be able to pick up our copy.. at last!

We are working on promotional media such as the discount coupons issued to receive 10% off the game.
    Look for the Battletoads posters in the window of GAME confirming this (it's just speculation at present).
    These will be distributed to those wearing V for Vendetta masks outside the store. We wear the masks as a statement expressing the fact that, despite Battletoads finally arriving, we are not happy with the way the ordeal was handled. We received no word about the delays, and due to the sheer demand of the Battletoads Wii game staff members were instructed to hang up on anyone phoning requesting information about it. We don't see this as being acceptable at all... and that is why we wear our masks.

NOTE: Due to excessive demand the game may actually be stocked under a codename. We suspect 'Fighting Amphibians', 'Danger Frogs', 'Corruption of TOAD' or 'Frogs on Steroids' might be some of the cryptic names given to this very hyped game release.

You should also recieve a free Wii strap when you collect your order.

Please form an orderly queue outside the store and wait in line with your coupon - ready to take part in history... yes... Battletoads has arrived.

I'm sure you can't wait!

Anymore information, please feel free to PM me or ask in the thread! Also; this is legitimate and I will be there, you won't have to think nobody will be there, I should be there by 1:45 and if you want a souvenir battletoads case i believe some are being left for anyone who wants 1 and they'll be 1 or 2 quid.. i don't remember. If you come and want to meet up with me so you're not a total stranger, look for a quite big guy... about 6 foot.. in a suit with long hair and wearing a grey and black nike bag

Though, do not say "Are you lonewolf" say something like "Are you from GF?"
    Last edited by lonewolfxix; 07-03-2008 at 07:45 PM.

Remember Battletoads and live in/near London?
    CHECK THIS OUT!

i only have a few family members in the London Area and all my cousins there are Girls, well only 2 there, both girls...non-gaming girls..

good info though lol
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

If you're not a gamer it should be funny aswell.. there should be some cake there, i think... :P ahhh this forum has changed soo much... I have to find where to edit my sig etc. now lol

Some more pictures.
    Case insert:

Finished case:
    Last edited by lonewolfxix; 07-03-2008 at 07:42 PM.

CHECK THIS OUT!

cake? in the game or the game store? lol, that is pretty funny, all for the sale of the game at the store named "GAME"
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

Well.. everyone knows that "anonymous" have been protesting the cult named Scientology, and basically, there is A LOT of cake and stuff at these events. I wouldn't be suprised if some made its way to GAME, also, I'm hanging out with these lovely fellows all day, they're a great bunch! and they're also having a party in Hyde Park after at 5pm which was great last time with over 2000 attendees! It should be a fun day for anyone who can make it

CHECK THIS OUT!

oh..lol, now i get it cuz when u IMed me about all this, i was super confused

well have fun! don't do anything you'll regret in 9 months

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    oh..lol, now i get it cuz when u IMed me about all this, i was super confused

well have fun! don't do anything you'll regret in 9 months
    That is hard to do sometimes

Never heard of the game I guess, but I would go to the party nonetheless if I lived in london

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

Wait...David MUDKIPZ?!!?!
    And I lol'd at this. It swears for a 7+ game on the back cover.
    Samus-Fan :: Graphic Store ¦ Samus Graphics :: Graphics and Blog

Winner of Fourteen Signature Of The Weeks!
    Winner of Two Signature Of The Months!

It says 17+ actually, lol. The original game doesn't have an age on it. It's a pretty cool game though. I'm travelling down from Wales for this Also; like i said there's a party at hyde park and everyone is welcome to that to.. I think a former member of this forum is coming... I don't remember his name... Google Battletoads for info of the game and download a SNES Emulator and the SNES rom to play it... it's pretty fun lol

CHECK THIS OUT!

That is my favorite animal.
    Aw, I want to play it :[[[

Thread Information